Wednesday, July 11, 2007

vvvv

Upon a teacher's suggestion, I downloaded vvvv to help with some image processing I needed to do. It's a visual programming language that's pretty awesome at a/v stuff. I'm just going to toss in some pics instead of ranting for too long... I should note that it's kind of an annoying program and that most of my, uhmm, code(?) is just variations on code that others put online.




This program is hot. The parts of the image that look a bit messed up are because the camera is out of focus and has been substantially tampered with physically. Now this isn't actually what I need I think, but it's close. I need to differentiate color not brightness. This might be easier in the YUV colorspace instead of RGB... I need to look at if vvvv has support for such a transform and I need to look at the code of the effect node. The effect node is the one that has a bunch of inputs in the bottom left. It's the one that sets the brightness threshold and outputs the appropriate color. It's evidently the only node that you can easily get to the source for (a .fx file).

Sweet.

In case anyone wants to replicate this: I used this main patch, this effect file and this effect patch. I'm pretty sure that the second patch is a demo you don't actually need, but I didn't want to check and I wanted it available if it was needed.

No comments: