Friday, July 20, 2007

Book Darts

These babies are sweet. They can hold your spot on a specific line instead of just a page. These aren't bookmark replacements; they're more like quote markers. It lets you mark notable parts in books in an externally visible way. Evidently librarians love them because they play nice with the books; no damage = happy librarians.

Evidently the librarian-pleasing people who run the company know how to please their customers and expand their fan-base. I ordered a tin of 50 - they sent me my tin with 50 then (this is from memory so it could be a bit off) an envelope with 3 more, a card with three more, a pamphlet with three more and maybe one more thing with some bookdarts stuck on it. Clearly the goal was to get people to be like: "hey check this out!" And then you could give them an envelope with a booklet inside that explains bookdarts and sings their praises. And, of course, you'd include a few of the extra bookdarts they sent you. Good plan. Nice thing to do. I have bonus bookdarts. I'm not going to be handing anyone an envelope, but if you want to check them out, find me and I'll give you some.

I hope I'll be reading enough good books to make a dent in that tin's worth of book darts. I wish I'd had these when I started reading "The History of Western Philosophy." That book would be littered with these things. While I'm at it, if you are at all interested in philosophy, I highly suggest this book. It's by Bertrand Russel and it gives you textbook content in a less dry form. Not that it's riveting or anything, but considering the amount of info that's in there, his book is shockingly readable.

Bookdarts make me feel like such a bibliophile...

No comments: