Monday, July 30, 2007

Japan #2 Fiasco - Part 3

The saga of Japan 2 continues - I left you all with burnt bread and near-futile dish washing.

What I did not tell you was my sad discovery. Later that night I found out that duct-taping down the cook button was stupider than I thought. It not only burnt my bread - it had apparently killed my rice cooker. I was devastated. Rice is hugely important to my way of life during the school year. I couldn't possibly live without this rice cooker (despite having a 5 cup, 3 cup and another 10 cup rice cooker close at hand). If I couldn't raise it to life I'd be down thirty bucks or so and it would be sad.

So I took the natural course of action. I played Smash in the hopes that it'd fix itself by morning. Well. No luck. This is what I get from getting used to PICs and Windows. Anyhow, I figured I'd try to fix it. I got to learn how the rice cooker works (there's a physical button [top left] that's released either as water evaporates into steam and the whole thing gets lighter or simply as a function of time). So I figured there was probably a mechanical trip that would go off if someone were to do something stupid like, say, duct tape down the power button. I found nothing off the sort. I managed to make a hack that let me turn the rice cooker on in 'keep warm' mode. Not exactly what I needed...

Eventually I found a fuse that my rice cooker had deviously been hiding from me under a sleeve thing. What a jerk. Anyhow, the problem was dealt with and the rice cooker was tried. "Arise cooker arise!" Great success! Now I could try it again...

PS- boriswitchdoctor.com feel more comfortable with rice cooker. - If you don't get it go watch some ATHF

PS 2.0- betcha you didn't see the 'circuits' label coming in this bread-related storyline

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I've been reading your web site for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good work!

Feel free to visit my weblog - cheap car insurance deals