Thursday, July 5, 2007

Adventures are fun

Haha. So. Here's the setting: it's the 4th of July. I'm bored. So are other peeps. We decide to adventure...

We start by heading towards Needham, but we've got very little gas. We turn to go towards Eliot and fill up on gas at the full service station right before route 9. We then head east on 9 because it's easier to get on the highway in that direction and we really have no plans. We try to get me lost by heading north and west. I keep on knowing where we are. Finally, I get lost. Then we cross 16. Damn. We work at it some more. OK. I'm lost. we stop to eat a snack at a Dunkin' Donuts.

We head out more or less randomly again still trying to go more or less northwest. Eventually we come to this sign.

I call a halt. This is where we adventure. It's raining, it's dark, it's perfect. WE head into the woods...

and come to a body of water. There's a bench next to it. Interesting. We wonder if it's a river or a pond or whatever so we decide to go along it for a bit. We pass a massive log and an almost climbable tree. We come to a place where there's something like a sandbar but with lots of sticks. I suggest going out to the middle of the river. They laugh at the idea, but I go ahead and try to see how far I can go without freaking out because I'm carrying my camera and cell phone.

I use a large piece of wood I found to help cross. One of my friends makes a snarky comment
about stepping on a shield. As it turns out, she was right! Incredible. I went on an adventure and picked up a quest item. Un. Be. Lievable.

I carry it with us the rest of the way. We eventually discover that we're on the Charles in Newton. On our way back to the car some guy asks if we were sword fighting. I answer that we weren't; I'd just found a shield in the Charles. He laughed and agreed that it was awesome.

Content.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Man, I was so not being snarky. I was really excited for it to be a shield.

Boris Dieseldorff said...

Really? Then you are for more perceptive than I am. I thought it was a sweet pseudo-random guess...