Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Semapedia

So I read about this neat site called Semapedia. The general idea is that Semapedia wants to make it possible to create physical links to wikimedia foundation pages (eg wikipedia).

The gig is that you can put in a wikimedia foundation page's address on their site and they will give you a pdf to print out. This pdf has labels that can be read using a program for cell phones that they link you to. End result? You scan a hyperlink irl ('in real life' for those who live more of their lives irl) and it points your browser at the appropriate page.

Honestly, their learn more page is pretty and easy to understand so you should hit that up if your interested. Anyhow, Check out this sample label:

Pretty cool huh?

So here's where I ask you for a favor. If you have a data or web plan, could you check if your phone has an install available for it? Just go to http://reader.kaywa.com on your phone and they'll let you know if it's supported or not. Thanks a bunch!

If you do get something going, leave a comment. And if I'm anywhere near you, give me a call - this makes me all excited... can you imagine if these were ubiquitous? I wonder how that camera's rated? *ping* I wonder what the political atmosphere was like at the time that this sculpture was made? *ping* Shiny, shiny, shiny!

No comments: