Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Presence

So I was looking at this article and it occurred to me that my first name has no online presence. Honestly. I don't show up in the top 500 results if you Google "boris". This is unacceptable.

I'm doing all of the things this suggests (LinkedIn, Ziki and Naymz), but I'm wondering if I should edit all of my profiles so that my first name is included in their description or something... that would be a lot of work. The list of places I'd have to change has just exceeded the boundaries of my brain.

I think I'll just deal. But we'll at least be able to see what happens with these sites going at it no?

Sweet.

5 comments:

Espace Parrain said...

Hi!

To become more visible on the web I use Ziki.com.
Did you try it? Ziki is the only people search engine to offer you a free online registration of your name within the main search engines (Google, Yahoo!, MSN) and its content networks.
Ziki will sponsor your name to make it appear within the commercial search results.

Rupert Schiessl
My Ziki: my.ziki.com/schiesslr

Boris Dieseldorff said...

My rather pathetic-looking Ziki can be found at http://www.ziki.com/en/people/bdieseldorff. I would guess that one can change that address, but their site is terribly slow and doesn't always load and has a bug that won't let you upload pictures. *sigh*

Unknown said...

You can take solace in the fact that your full name is top linked to Ceaseless Student. I'm only third without quotes for Philonoist.net. That's for my real name, of course. Joe College is 16th without quotes. With quotes, I jump to first and 6th, respectively.

That double eff in your name is tricky, and I wonder if people might misspell your name trying to get to you. What do you think about having an intentionally misspelled couple of accounts that route back to ceaseless student?

nikolaus said...

which article?

Boris Dieseldorff said...

Good Call Nik. This article.