Saturday, July 14, 2007

Statcounter and random stuff

So remember how I said I'd gotten 208 unique visitors to date on Tuesday? It's more than 275 now. Blue is the unique visitor count. Check it out for the entirety of this blog's existence:

I use StatCounter. It's free, easy to use (add an html element to your blog) and has decent visuals. How accurate is it? I don't know. I recently started using FeedBurner (when Google bought FB and it became easy to use with blogger) which can do some site statistics too. Hopefully comparing them will be interesting.
---
Last night at around 01:00 I was doing some reading drills and had a monstrous headache. I thought "Maybe I should do an extra nap tomorrow..." At the end of the day though, I think it was a blood sugar thing. I ate some pie and felt much better and much more awake.
---
Evidently the Stop & Shop on 9 is open 24 hours. I'm also told it's closed Sunday. But seriously. 24 hours? Around here? Hooray places that are open after 20:00!
---
As part of a NASA project, I'm using a PIC as a prototype circuit. I got to be all nostalgic and literally run through a good portion of the labs we did for POE. Awesome. For my money, the hardest thing to do with a PIC is get your computer to believe it's actually plugged in.

2 comments:

Marco Morales said...

cool! I tried that statcounter thing, and it works! I'd tried Google Analytics before but I couldn't get it to work for whatever reason... It's actually got some things that Statcounter doesn't, but whatever.

Boris Dieseldorff said...

A tip for StatCounter:

The free account lets you have a log of 500 but it defaults to 100. To get your (lack of) money's worth go to projects and adjust your log to 500.