Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sleep Update

I'm actually doing better than I would've expected. I'm generally untired (except of course now that I'm writing about it my body is whining). My proof that I'm doing OK is that I had originally planned on taking 2 or 3 naps but have voluntarily only taken 1 each of the last few days.

I tend to be most off my game for about 20 minutes after my lunch-time nap and when 1AMish rolls around. That being said, there's some circumstantial evidence that I'm not actually that much worse off at 1AMish - I seem to do just as well with the whole speed reading bit.

On a related note, I think I'll be adding an energy drinky thing to my diet every day. Apart from having enough calories to satisfy that extra bit of hungriness brought about by my quirky sleeping, it also has more vitamins than you can reasonably shake a stick at. Once I drink it daily I'm pretty sure I'll be invincible. That is how vitamins work, right?

I called my mom in Peru with Skype. Skype has such a reasonable rate for Peru $.03/minute. So hot. Here's the sad thing, I had to call her on a cell phone; $.30/minute. Oh well.

4 comments:

Marco Morales said...

ha! adding an energy drink to your diet on a daily basis is bad. trust me....it just is.; :) why not tea? Chandra's suite was an unmistakable source of caffeine, albeit less than Monster and Red Bull. It wakes you up and it's a lot better when you want to stop.
.marco (previously known as "The Red Herd" )

Boris Dieseldorff said...

Don't be silly dude.

I don't mean a caffeine bomb. It's one of those "drink me if you don't have time for breakfast" things. It's got a lot more in common with something like Ensure than something like Red Bull.

nikolaus said...

If your mom has skype too then the call is free.

Boris Dieseldorff said...

True story - except she wasn't at home.