Sunday, April 1, 2007

Honor and Background

I didn't post yesterday. :-(

So I'm doing a project for Meta about the Honor Board or Code. I'm currently making my way through all of the HB minutes ever. I went into it expecting to find that the code and board had lost some meaning and importance over time. At this point I'm inclined (Alt + Shift) to believe otherwise. From the minutes in 2001:

"Do something clause: violation of the code does not necessarily come before the honor board

Need some guidelines about what types of cases go before the board (e.g., all academic cases); difference may not always be clear. Basic idea that the honor board is the last resort, not the first? -> do something clause instructs individuals to deal on their own before contacting the board."

This makes me believe that the code was seen as more applicable and the board as less important. That being said, I expect to find a reaction to that where the board becomes stronger. In particular, I need to find when it expanded to 14 people (I'm running off the assumption that it was not half the school partner year). So many years of minutes to chop through. Well y'all will probably get to hear about it again when I make more sense of things.

Why I have a blog:
I was reading lifehacker and I clicked a link. Then I clicked another link on that site. This brought me to a blog on Yahoo that asked the question: "Why don't young people appreciate the time and effort I put into this blog." The dude out in about four hours a day and had a blog that was passable at best. He thought it was because young people could never handle doing something like keeping a blog themselves. So here I am. Proving him wrong in that regard by proving him right in the opinion that I'm sure he holds: young people are contrary.
I'll post again later tonight to make up for the day I missed. That'll show him. :-)

No comments: