Saturday, March 31, 2007

Mockingbird and Rice Sustainability

Yawn...
Man I'm getting in the habit of writing quite late...
So yeah, coming up with stuff to write is harder when I'm tipsy. Let's see... ah OK.

To Kill a Mockingbird. I just read it for the first time. Yeah, I know; quite uncultured. The book was pretty sweet (even if it was rather predictable). Poor kids right? Nah. Poor Atticus. Imagine being morally bound to put your children through hell. What if the story had ended less happily? What if Boo had not been there? Atticus would've had to deal with the fact that he sacrificed his kids to his morals. That sucks. I hope I'm never in a situation that pits my values against people I care about. I'd have to pick my values; that would suck.

Alt + Shift

Rice is flying out at a prodigious pace. I weighed 10 cups of rice (the amount we go through each day) using a very imprecise measure and decided that it weighs somewhere between 2 and 3 lbs (it's worth noting that these are 10 rice-cups which, I believe, are actually .75 cup so that's 7.5 actual cups of dry rice or about 12 cups of cooked rice). This means we can expect it (our 50 lb. bag) to last between 2 and a half weeks and 3 and a half weeks. I hope I can blame this on the scale cuz that is fast. On the upside, this bodes well for a future rice culture sort of thing that would encourage the use of East Hall lounges. W00t! As for sustainability, people are offering to chip in for rice, so I feel confident that won't reall be an issue.

No comments: