Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Summer (un)School & caffeine

All right. So I've actually gotten a couple requests for specific blog posts. I'm not going to field any of them today b/c I've got lots of work to do and I'll be in class in less than 7 hours. Yay! Also I'm a little bit sick. Instead I will writ about something fun and exciting. This summer I'd been planning on doing a lot of random learning. In fact, my goal was to do as much work during the summer as I did during the school year. Things I plan to learn include, speed-reading, circuit design and web-design. I also plan on improving thing like my shorthand, unicycling and typing speed. Self-directed learning at its purest.

Enter Mel. Now I'm planning doing this in a more organized fashion. In particular, there will be documentation and constant discussion. Mel and I are definitely overlapping in the web design portion of things and we decided to learn Esperanto too. If anyone would like to join us that'd be sweet. I think I'll be starting a blog for this unschooling experiment come summer-time. If anyone wants to be added to the authors, please give me a heads up. Also if anyone's around Boston and wants to join in on just random talks/chats or whatever that'd be neat too. Learn by yourself; share with others. Getting things down in print forces understanding. The particular format is still not even in the works, but the idea exists and if Meta's taught me anything it's that the idea and the energy are the parts that matter. The rest is just details that will more or less fill themselves in.

6 hours 20 minutes till I am awake and in class; two more assignments before I go to sleep. This is the first time I've taken caffeine for wakefulness purposes since uhmmm... that time in November and before that uhmmm the December before that... yeah... did I mention I was kinda sick?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Esperanto in Massachusetts:

Esperanto Society of New England

Local Esperanto groups

Learning Esperanto on the Internet:

Lernu!