Monday, April 9, 2007

Trip and aftermath & Indian deserts 2.0

Alt + Shift
So I haven't been writing b/c I've been out of town. I went home to NJ as a staging area for a trip to NYC with some friends. Alli, Beto, Molly, Bryce and I had loads of fun and were basically keeping busy from the time we woke to the time we got to bed. We went to Chinatown, the American Museum of National History and, of course, Les Miserables!

Les Mis was substantially different this time around. There was far greater emphasis on intonation of speech than there usually is (sadly, this came at the cost of some raw power in the singing). There were lots of little word or even verse changes here or there, but the single biggest change struck our group close to our communal heart: Molly's favorite song was completely left out.

Man. I've spent about 2 hours tidying up e-mails and reading rss feeds and stuff b/c I wasn't here for one weekend. I was out for 48.5 hours and checked my e-mail for urgent stuff twice in that time, but I still managed to have 2 solid hours of stuff to sort through. There's also my weekly figure out what's up that got completely skipped; I should do that tomorrow... along with lots of homework. Yay!

I had Indian food again today. Raghu had lots of people over to his house and there was a bit of an adventure when Joe's car broke down and my car got an extra passenger. At the end of the day though, the food was great. I've decided that Indian deserts rock my socks. They had something, I think it's called kir, that one would drink. It had almonds and stuff (dairy?rice?) and was really awesome. Anyhow, good times; great food.

No comments: