Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Molding files to my needs & the Olin feudal system

As part of my MetaOlin IS, I'm reading through all of the honor board minutes I can get my hands on. The first step was easy; most of the minutes were easy to find on a network drive. That being said they were all organized at different times by different people and even in different formats.

The different formats were easily the most annoying.

Since word documents are slow to load, mutable and otherwise annoying I decided to make everything a pdf. I started out by using PrimoPDF to print to pdfs; however, Zamzar was a much faster solution. This site lets you upload files and then it converts them to another format; super-chouette! Changing names in batches is much easier with 1-4a Rename.

Also, Foxit Reader is much faster than adobe acrobat reader.

So I've had this conversation a number of times. The basic premise is that everyone at Olin has to swear loyalty to someone in the class directly above them. The question is: which senior has the biggest kingdom? Please speculate in the comments.

Alt + Shift

No comments: