Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Living the Code

Alt + Shift

Late, late, late. No time for Dvorak. Let's see...

Man. I really think the honor code should be viewed differently. I think it should be seen as a way of life instead of as a set of abstract ideals. It is not seen that way. Not at present anyways. I think this was the original intent and the far greater number of cases that the honor board saw in the earlier years seems to support that idea.

I realized that I've been on the honor board for more than a whole semester and yet I do not even know what the code says. I've taken rather drastic action by putting the image below as my desktop background. I feel kind of stupid; this is important to me. How can I be hypocritical enough to expect others to live this when I am not active enough to live it explicitly? Argh. Maybe Eamon is right. We should honor board each other more.

The honor board also needs to change in a number of ways. It needs to be more active. It also needs to be more connected with the rest of everything. It should have some connection to the GA or CORe or maybe even the e-board. This is important. These are the five points that Olin is supposed to be about. These are the 5 points that we are supposed to do something about.

Integrity.
Respect for others.
Passion for the welfare of the college.
Patience and understanding.
Openness to change.

Live the code.

Ahhh rice. Rice is great. 10 cups of rice can bring people together. The lounge was getting antsy because the now-expected rice had not come out yet and it was 10 PM. Bryce and I got a rice cooker and a 50 lb. bag of rice right before break and have been going through 10 cups a day for the last three days with the help of anyone and everyone we could find. It is yummy. This will have to do once the pizza culture evaporates. Teehee :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.