Friday, March 30, 2007

In which Boris questions his ability to retain knowledge and then concludes that today was a good day

Alt+Shift

Tired. I just finished circuits. By which I mean I gave up on part of it. The frustrating part is that this is the lab we started before break (due tm) and we made all the circuits we needed and ran the first two experiments. I really wish we'd run the third; I cannot, for the life of me build a functional pMOS current mirror that uses the SMU as a current input. I just cannot. Failure.

Anyhow. I have cut my losses. It's been 2 hours since I started getting data for this experiment and I spent most of it failing with the pMOS current mirror. Did I mention I've built this circuit before? And it worked? Arghhh. I'm a tiny bit frustrated. I should know how to do this. I should know it. *sigh

On the upside of things FBE manufacturing has started. We now have 8 slug model sensor bars made. They're missing a couple of dots of superglue, but they count as done. Maybe we'll get some sales? /me crosses fingers

On the extreme upside, today was sweet. I can't even explain it. I suppose it's possible that I've been happier than I was at some points today, but I'm by no means confident that's true. It's like I was feeling pretty good. Then I got happy. And then I got happy again w/o the first happy having gone away. And I kept at it until it felt like I seriously couldn't process the amount of happy. It was messed up. Not that I mind; it was rather insanely cool (if a bit disconcerting).

Writing about it has actually made me happy again. I started this post with a headache and frustration and now I'm whistling along to some music with a silly, tired on my face. Today was a good day.

No comments: