Sunday, March 25, 2007

Gulab Jamun

I had some Indian food for lunch today (at Masala Art). I got to be surprised when the thing I liked best was the chickpea dish; then again, it figures Indian vegetarian food would actually be good. I ate my fill. Then I ate some more. And then came the best part. Desert!

Desert was Gulab Jamun. These are, evidently, milk balls in syrup. They reminded me of marzipan and sweetened condensed milk and some Peruvian desert I can't put my finger on. They are sweet in the literal sense. Very sweet. And they are served with a sweet syrup. Soooo good. And they don't seem terribly hard to make. W00t!

In the hours before sunrise, Avi and I pimped out the WH 4th floor lounge. 2 TVs. 2 N64s. A PS2 and a Wii. Oh. Also a DVD player with S-Vid that we can use for our laptops. So cool. We now need to get another Super Smash Bros. cartridge and two more N64 controllers for maximum awesome.

1 comment:

nikolaus said...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=desert