Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Random thoughts: rice & blog & smash & books

Big plans for rice. We're getting another rice cooker! In the near future, we'll hook up Bryce's 3-cup model to give our 10-cup a little boost (we run out every day). We'll see if we end up using both of the 10-cup versions. If not, we're still planning on running this out of both dorm buildings next year so we need two anyhow. Oh man. This is nuts. Just for reference, we've eaten about 90 pounds of rice since after spring break. Super-intense.

Great happiness! I'm not moving my blog to Wordpress after all. It turns out that if I put in the html tags [em] and [b] manually, my formatting shows up just fine on rss feeds. Unfortunately, the blogger defaults use things like [span style="font-weight: bold;"]. Oh well. I can do it by hand. No big, I like Blogger better anyways for now.

Kind of random, I need to train up for the Super Smash Bros Tournament!! I'm sooo out of practice; I have no idea which three characters to play. I think I'll do falcon, pika and jiggly? I dunno. I really want my ness in there, but I'm mostly sucking big-time with him at the moment. Samus is also really nice at this point, but I should probably stick with the three I named. The other cool thing could be Samus, Link, Yoshi. That'd be so many style points... then again, I have a way of getting mad style points with falcon and jiggly anywho.

Not random enough? How about a book recommendation? Everyone should read the Death Gate Cycle (Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman). It super-awesomely-fantabulous. These aret he people that brought us Dragonlance and the darksword trilogy. But this is far, far better. This is what fiction should always be like. It's a 7 book series (really a 4 book series with 3 more books added) and the 7th is my favorite book ever. I don't normally count it b/c it requires one to have read the other 6 for it to be so good. Another couple of good books are The Stand, the Dark Half, and Insomnia (all Stephen King). Those are awesome too. OK. enough random add thoughts for now.

No comments: