Monday, May 21, 2007

Graduation

Wow. I haven't written in quite a while. I'll blame projects. And graduation. And packing. And this neat website I'm making. And video games... OK. Fine. I've just been being lazy.

Soooo...
Graduation.

...

I don't even know.

This year I was much (much) closer to the graduating class and it seemed like just about everyone that walked across the stage was a key part of Olin. How can we exist? It seems silly. What is randomness without Lee? What are a billion other facets of Olin life without the people that are attached to them?

I can't believe how sad I got during graduation. It's quite a shock to realize that the people I spent time with sometimes multiple times in a single day will be people who I might go years without seeing.

Then again, I also got pretty happy. These people. These friends I know and trust are going out to the world. I have no doubt that they will do great good. And that makes me... uhmmm... proud. I feel like pride should be the territory of parents and such, but that is how I feel.

Class of 2007: My hat's off to you. Thanks for everything.

No comments: