Thursday, May 10, 2007

How I wasted my time & what I should've been doing

I'm really quite good at this whole procrastinating thing. Instead of any work today, I've been all sorts of other things. I've played lots of Magic and Smash, eaten like 5 snacks, watched TV, and, of course, wasted as much time as is easily feasible on the internet. Part of what I worked on was my internet image.

Lifehacker had an article on the googleability of one's name. Mine returns 50 hits (w/o quotes); the first 22 are me. I love my name. I claimed my blog on Technorati, pinged some sites using Pingoat, and set up an account to get site statistics for my blog at StatCounter.

I'd wasted a couple of hours pretty well, but I wasn't done. No ladies and gents. I searched for every variant of my name imaginable. "I wonder how well do I show up with just my last name?" etc. Oh man. I was there forever. Also (for any hippies out ther) I came across an environmentally-friendlier version of Google called Blackle. The idea is that people save energy by reducing their monitor's energy output. Cute huh?

I ended up finding out that some dude with my last name (Stefan Dieseldorff) was on IMDB. He evidently produced a 60 minute film called Kreator: Hallucinative Comas. It doesn't seem like that movie was well-received. Actually, it barely seems like the movie was received at all.

Anyhow, Technorati alerted me to the fact that my blog had been linked to by a sneaky member of the Olin community who's blog is not on PlanetOlin. Speaking of PlanetOlin and other rss readers, I doubt my blog counter will end up getting anyone other than me... oh well.

And now folks, I leave you to do some work. Before I go to sleep I will have finished Signals & Systems work. This means that, after my final at noon, I will only have one class left. Meta. Oh Meta. History paper. Communication paper. Final deliverable. Presentation. I might be missing something? *sigh* I feel sadly unmotivated... Time to get to work. I'll do The SigSys project writeup. That seems awesome still. I'll problably be posting something about that either soonish or around expo time.

1 comment:

Sanjay John Gandhi said...

blackle is a copy of the main page of www.searchincolor.com much better!
sanjay