Saturday, June 30, 2007

Vinny's

So I've been going to Vinny T's on a weekly basis since I got to Olin this summer.

Their food is not exceptionally tasty, but I absolutely love the restaurant. They have huge, starving-college-student sized portions; and for a bit more they have incredibly big family platters that are meant to serve 3 or 4 people. To me this means I have dinner for a couple of days or something of the sort. More important than their portions, their service is great. They take huge reservations in stride professionally and without batting an eye.

They're cool with things like "20-25 people I think... I'll call if it seems like it's going to be more..." Oh yeah. They also deal with huge bunches of loud college kids quite well. It's really quite a pleasure to eat there.

So. Here's my plan.

I recently decided that it'd be awesome if I could get non-student members of the Olin community to come. Last time we had one prof, and this Thursday I expect two more and one prof's family.

I'm really excited to do this on a regular basis. I hope I can keep it going during the year; it'll be much harder b/c the dining hall is such an easy option. And of course scheduling is annoying. There are conflicts every single day, so its actually been a moving appointment. We've done Monday, Monday, Friday, Wednesday and next week is Thursday.

If you're an Olinite reading this in the Boston area, but you're not at Olin itself, send me an e-mail to be included in the invitation e-mails for these dinners.

I am really excited for Thursday.

No comments: