Wednesday, July 11, 2007

On Seriousness

I think I figured out why I feel so tempted to make this blog far more structured. It's because I read things like this.

I would even take it one step farther. My bog is far more than my resume; it is my online identity. This blog especially. I have other things online (2 websites, 1 other blog), but this is the one that gets my opinions on it. This is the one that gets the little bdieseldorff badge at the bottom. This is my avatar. I feel similarly when I post on anything as bdieseldorff. Lifehacker (LH), Wikipedia, Wikibooks, other people's blogs; if I care about it and I post, I am bdieseldorff. (Some might find this amusing because my brothers both have names that start wiht 'b'...)

I can Google bdieseldorff and look at my dormant Flickr account, my unused Flagr account, random comments I made on an Olin forum. I can see my LH comments and my blogs.

I got interrupted for a sec there. I was Googling bdieseldorff and it turns out that I got flamed so I wanted to take care of it. I countered with a patronizing stance and thinly-veiled sarcasm.

So yeah. I blame Lifehacker for making me care too much about this sort of thing. <3 Lifehacker!

No comments: