Monday, May 5, 2008

Spring cleaning

I had far too much stuff on my laptop. I'm sure I still do. I just reimaged because lappy had a fatal... uhmmm... something yesterday. I almost started to go on an installing rampage. But then I chillaxed.

I don't need that much stuff.

Firefox (with 2 extensions and some chrome editing for the look and vertical tabs)
Skype (with Twype to get twitter updates via skype)
Taskbar shuffle (because it's awesome)
Launchy (because it's awesomer)
Notepad++ (because it's not terrible like notepad)
Zulupad (because there's this one file I need for my OSS)
VLC (video and music)
PrimoPDF (pdf printer)

To be fair, the computer comes with office and photoshop and matlab and lyx. So maybe I'm not exactly a minimalistic user, but my start menu is now a single column instead of three so I'm gonna consider it significant. To be fairer still, I will be backing that up with portable apps that let me get isos, burn discs, rar things etc. etc. I wonder how long it'll last?

No comments: